- Good day, Patrons of the Particle Zoo!
First things first – thank you so much for playing my game and joining this community. It may seem like I’ve been laying low for the past month, but I’ve been out and about pimping the game at crazy big shows with the good people of Team17, as well as working on the first update (more on that in a moment!), and reacquainting myself with what the Earth’s Sun looks like. That third one’s hard though, living in Belfast.
I’m here to tell you what’s coming next for physics’ favourite feline, as well as gather your thoughts and feedback for future tweaks to the game. You’ll hear much more from me in the coming weeks, so keep your fovea centralis peeled on the forums. I mean it.
– Schrödinger’s Cat update 1.01 is available right meow! –
Steam will download it automatically for you. Here’s a rundown of the changes:
1) 8 NEW ACHIEVEMENTS have been added! Ranging from the ridiculously easy (or is it?) “Can you die on the first level?” to the relatively obtuse “Where’s Einstein?” – these challenges will reward you for your heroic exploits in the Particle Zoo.
(By the way, when we launched you may have noticed a couple of “hidden” achievements. Those were actually “not working” achievements. Sorry about those, they’re fixed now… for all to see!)
2) Those sticky-fingered GLUONS HAVE BEEN TAMED! A few of you noted that gluons weren’t behaving. We’ve given them some hard lessons on sharing, especially around giving you your quarks back, as well as fed them some medication to stop them twitching around.
3) We added A FEW NEW TIPS between levels, and a couple of helpful arrows that you may or may not have needed. If you think the game needs more/less of these, place your feedback in the comments below.
4) The game is now localised in the Russian language! Мы надеемся, вам понравится!
Plus about a mole of other little hoohahs and wotsits that you probably didn’t even notice, but overall I’m happier with the whole thing, so hopefully you will be too.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or issues, feel free to drop them in the comments. You can also catch up with me on Twitter!
- 1.01 New Features
-ö- 8 New Achievements Added
-ö- Russian Language Support Added
-ö- Added hints and tips based on player feedback
- Gameplay Tweaks
-ö- Gluons will no longer twitch erratically
-ö- Gluons will now give you back your quarks before the net carries them away
-ö- Changes to the tutorial to better educate new players on game concepts
-ö- Dialogue doesn’t get chopped when you exit an area. Quarktacu–!
-ö- You can now step back out of the enclosures once you’ve entered
-ö- Tweaked the difficulty of the final boss. (It WAS a bit frustrating, you were right. Still is a bit, but slow and steady.)
-ö- Various graphical tweaks and signage
- Bug Fixes
-ö- Fixed various instances of enemies being stuck in places that they shouldn’t be:
-ö- No more gluons on the roof
-ö- No more electrons in the walls
-ö- No more bosons getting stuck on pebbles.
-ö- Smoothed out a number of maps so that player doesn’t get stuck in little wall gaps
-ö- Fixed an error that prevented a player from properly using the Nucleus door
-ö- Fixed a bug that caused the player to lose quarks after using the copter ability